The Dalhousie Community Association is Monday January 25th at 7:00 P.M. at the Dalhousie Community Centre online due to COVID 19 restrictions. In order to participate in the meeting, you must send the following information to email@example.com and once your DCA membership is confirmed, you will be added to the meeting invitation list:
- First & Last Name
- Email Address
- 2020/2021 DCA Membership Card Number
The DCA is looking to grow their Board of Directors, and the AGM is a perfect time to meet our Board and ask questions about the DCA and Board Positions that are available – not to mention to get to know more information about what is going on at the centre and in the community!
There will be a door prize to be won for participating in the meeting! Please note you must have applied for a 2020/2021 DCA Membership prior to registering for the virtual AGM. You can find more information about how to retrieve a membership at www.dalhousiecalgary.ca
If you have any questions about the AGM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
DCA Annual General Meeting Agenda
January 25, 2021
- Call to Order- Ron
- Roll Call, Establish Quorum Presentation- John
- Introduction of Guests- Ron
- Explanation of “On-line” Voting Protocol- Ron
- Approval of Agenda- Ron
- Approval of 2020 AGM minutes- John
- President’s Address- Ron
- Introduction of New General Manager- Ron
- Approval of 2018- 2019 Audited Financial Statements- Nancy
- Approval of 2019- 2020 Audited Financial Statements- Nancy
- Approval of Auditors- Recommended that the selection of the auditor be deferred to the Board of Directors- Nancy
- Presentation of 2020-2021 Budget- Ron/Nancy
- Approval of Bylaw Amendments- Ron
- Questions from the Membership- Ron
- Election of Board Members and Executive- James F.
- Selection of Date for Next Board Meeting (Feb. 9) – Ron
Here is a link to the 2020 DCA AGM Minutes!
Here is a link to the 2020-2021 DCA Budget!
PROPOSED DCA BY-LAW CHANGES
Changes to the DCA By-laws are proposed to allow for virtual meetings and to allow voting without a meeting of the Board of Directors (for example via email). In addition, changes are being recommended to clarify that the membership year runs from September 1 to August 31. The proposed changes were reviewed by the Board of Directors and recommended to the membership at the December 8 Board of Directors meeting.
The specific changes and additions to be voted on at the AGM are shown below.
Virtual Meeting Clause
Add Clause 4.15.1 Virtual Meetings
If the DCA chooses to make available a telephonic , electronic or other communication facility that permits all participants to communicate adequately with each other during a meeting, any person entitled to attend such meeting may participate in the meeting by means of such telephonic, electronic or other communication facility in the manner provided by the policies and procedures of the DCA. A person participating in a meeting by such means is deemed to be present at the meeting. Notwithstanding any other provision of this by-law, any person participating in a meeting pursuant to this section who is entitled to vote at that meeting may vote, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the DCA, by means of any telephonic, electronic or other communications facility that the organization has made available for that purpose.
Email Voting Clause (vote without meeting)
Add Clause 4.12.7
Notwithstanding any other provision of these By-laws, the Board may determine any matter within its powers without a meeting on the following basis:
- The matter shall be submitted to the Directors, by notice from the President, in the form of a motion, together with sufficient information to enable the Directors to be reasonably informed as to the nature of that matter;
- Each Director shall cast a vote with respect to that motion within three days after delivery of that notice or by such later date as is specified in that notice. The motion shall be deemed to have been carried when the President, or Secretary, has received sufficient affirmative votes to carry the motion;
- Any such vote shall be binding on the Board as if it had been conducted at a meeting of the Board unless a Director objects, by notice to the President and Secretary not later than two days following receipt of that notice, to that matter being determined without a meeting of the Board.
- The results of any vote conducted, without a meeting of the Board, will be reported at the next Board meeting, and included in the minutes of that meeting.
Membership Year Clarification
Revise Clause 2.2.10 from
“Chairperson” means a Director who chairs a meeting or committee. Committees may appoint a chairperson as per 6.10.3
“Chairperson” means a Director who chairs a meeting or committee. Committees may appoint a chairperson as per clause 6.10.3.
Revise Clause 3.1 b) from
All memberships as described shall be valid for one year. Memberships will be renewed when the member pays the prescribed fee for the ensuing year, or in the case of Honorary membership where such membership is renewed by the Executive. Membership will not be pro-rated.
All memberships as described shall be valid until midnight on August 31 of any given year. Memberships will be renewed when the member pays the prescribed fee for the ensuing year, or in the case of Honorary membership where such membership is renewed by the Executive. Membership will not be pro-rated.
Revise Clause 3.8.1 from
Memberships shall automatically expire at midnight at the end of one year.
Memberships shall automatically expire at midnight on August 31 of any given year.